- For your protection, make sure to not disclose your banking information and to keep it safe
- For your protection, change your password(s) regularly and when a compromise of the password(s) is suspected
- Alawwal Invest is NOT liable for any loss arising from your sharing of your User IDs, passwords, or PINs with anyone, NOR from their consequent unauthorized use
- Make sure to review your Investment Account and portfolio statement regularly and make sure that the processes that have been made are authorized operations (i.e., you made them yourself or you are aware of them)
- Be careful when accessing your accounts from public places such as internet cafes or such and limit your use of Online services to inquiry only
- Do not leave your mobile device unattended
- Secure your mobile phone with a strong password
- Do not store your account details on your phone
- Be careful when using your mobile phone in a public place
- Avoid the use of unknown and unprotected "Wi Fi" networks to access e-banking services online
- Your phone number, date of birth and name are easy to identify, so avoid using them as a user name or password when accessing e-banking services online
- Be careful when entering the Bank’s e-banking portal by making sure to see a lock icon at the bottom of the browser which indicates that the log-in page is secure, and that the security certificate is registered under the name of the bank.
- Use the (log out) option why you complete your banking browsing
- Use Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 11 or latest, as it has many security features.
Maintaining the confidentiality and security of your banking information is one of the most important priorities in Alawwal Invest. For protecting our clients, we recommend that it is necessary to abide by the following information security guidelines:
For your Safety
- Do not disclose your password to any person.
- Do not inform anyone about the password of your internet Banking, even if he/she is an Alawwal Bank/Alawwal Invest employee.
- Change your password frequently to ensure that no one can know it and use it.
- Make sure that you are not being watched when you enter your information on the computer, especially when entering the password.
- When you are logged in to internet banking, do not leave your computer unattended.
- Make sure you logout from internet banking by clicking the logout button. This protects your account from unauthorized use.
- We recommend that you type the official Alawwal Invest's site address in the browser for accessing internet banking. We do not recommend searching for the bank website address through Internet search engines.
- Be careful not to enter the bank’s website through fake links that you may receive through email, SMS or other websites. ALWAYS use the bank's official addresses printed or published by the bank.
- Be careful of emails, unknown calls or mobile messages that ask you to disclose your password, credit card numbers or personal information.
- Beware of fraud eMails , SMS , Whatsapp messages and suspicious websites, and do not respond to requests to provide personal information or passwords, or calling a number or any personal data, whether over the phone or by email or in unknown or unauthorized Internet sites. Make sure that you always use the official website of Alawwal Invest
- In case you do not use your account for a period of six months, all your transactions including the internet banking services shall be suspended until you activate your account.
For your Computer protection
- Be sure to use the original version of the Windows operating system on your computer.
- Make sure to install antivirus and anti-spam software and constantly and make sure it is updated.
- Activate the Firewall program which exists in the operating system.
- Do not install any software from unreliable sources or unnecessary software.
- Make sure to use your own computer when you access Alawwal Invest internet banking services, and do not use common or shared devices used in public places especially when outside the Kingdom.
- Make sure you read the latest security alerts to minimize new security risks.
For your privacy
- All information exchanged during the use of internet banking services will be protected and encrypted by using Data encryption Protocol SSL.
- The bank implements the multi ID verification system to raise the safety level when using electronic channels.
- Alawwal Invest automatically disconnects your internet banking session with internet banking services after 20 minutes, if you do not make any activity.
- Alawwal Invest staff are committed to maintain the secrecy and privacy of clients Information.
- The bank does not provide any third party with your information except, if requested, and in accordance with the regulations of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia which govern our relationship with you.
- We follow high standards to protect the files and important information against any loss, destruction and distortion. We also carry out, periodically, and constantly, security reviews of the banking systems to determine the security level and readiness of our systems.
- Make sure you update your information regularly with us especially your mobile number so we can notify you of your financial transactions.
- Beware of SMS messages requesting you to click on a link to download or update Alawwal Invest Mobile Apps which can infect your mobile and expose your banking information.
- Beware of SMS messages requesting your banking information.
- Disregard any emails and SMS messages claiming you have won a prize and asking you for your banking information.
What is Phishing?
It is an online identity theft scam. Typically, criminals send emails that look like they're from legitimate sources, but are not. The fake messages generally include a link to spoofed websites, where victims are asked to provide sensitive personal information. The information goes to criminals, rather than the legitimate business.